The goal is to live in a small Austrian village with my Austrian wife and our 4 yr old while learning everything about this beautiful corner of the world. We will live on the second floor of my in-law's house in a two bedroom apartment while skipping around in flowery fields like the one on "The Sound of Music". Well, maybe not the skipping part:)



The village is called Windischgarsten. Located in the lower half of Upper Austria, it is an amazingly beautiful area of the Alps known for skiing, hiking and biking. I don't have any local friends, I haven't learned the language, and I have no idea where I'll work. This could get really interesting. No problem right?







Monday, November 7, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Photobucket

Hi everyone. I just wanted to thank all of you for your well wishes. As some of you know, I had knee surgery on Sept 28th. Both the articular cartilage and the lateral meniscus were bad. The doc had to fracture a bone so the cartilage would get fresh blood. Boy, that felt good! Still does. Anyway, the surgery was free of complications, and free of payment too - compliments of the amazing Austrian health care system.

Physical therapy is slow but ongoing. I can even cycle and hike slowly now. No problem there. I can't think of a better place for that type of recovery.

Take Care - Gabe


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gabe. I'm glad you are recovering so well. You must be in pretty good shape. Soon you will be competing in races with your brother, and Noah is going to be able to outrun you soon with his interests in running events, so keep up with the physical therapy!

    The above picture with Noah by the lake is outstanding! Fall must be beautiful there. Ask Noah if he would send HowLong some colorful leaves to press inbetween a book for pictures.

    Take care,
    HowLongIsA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, had no idea...glad you are on the mend and healing quickly and no complications!

    Take care Gabe. Hello to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks HowLongisA and Christie! I'll definately say hello to the family.

    Take Care, Gabe

    ReplyDelete