The goal is to live in a small Austrian village with my Austrian wife and our 4 yr old while learning everything about this beautiful corner of the world. We will live on the second floor of my in-law's house in a two bedroom apartment while skipping around in flowery fields like the one on "The Sound of Music". Well, maybe not the skipping part:)



The village is called Windischgarsten. Located in the lower half of Upper Austria, it is an amazingly beautiful area of the Alps known for skiing, hiking and biking. I don't have any local friends, I haven't learned the language, and I have no idea where I'll work. This could get really interesting. No problem right?







Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mexican Food


This post serves no other reason other than to brag that we had Mexican food today. Yup, you heard me, Mexican food! Of course it was the Austrian version, but close enough.

Beef Burritos Baby!

The first mexican restaurant I've seen which doesn't employ a Mexican. We can let that slide considering the location right? As you can tell I really miss Mexican food, enough to stuff myself with burritos, chips, and a quesadilla. Yum yum.

My son had a sleepover at his cousins's house, which is about a 30 minute drive away. Before coming home we met down the street at "Habanero". This won't be our last visit. Extra clean place and good food.

Tomorrow I start my german classes. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment