The goal is to live in a small Austrian village with my Austrian wife and our 4 yr old while learning everything about this beautiful corner of the world. We will live on the second floor of my in-law's house in a two bedroom apartment while skipping around in flowery fields like the one on "The Sound of Music". Well, maybe not the skipping part:)



The village is called Windischgarsten. Located in the lower half of Upper Austria, it is an amazingly beautiful area of the Alps known for skiing, hiking and biking. I don't have any local friends, I haven't learned the language, and I have no idea where I'll work. This could get really interesting. No problem right?







Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Austrian Soccer

About once a week we all pile into the car for the 5 minute drive to Spital Am Pyhrn (the next village down the road). Andy, who is Yvonne's brother, plays soccer for a team there. Believe it or not, the dude actually gets paid to do this stuff.

Sign me up!

Soccer, or should I say fussball, is pretty cool in these parts. You go to the local field, order a beer and sausage then scream until you lose your voice. Of course, it's tough getting our 3 year old to watch the whole thing, but when it's over he gets to share a bag of delicious potato chips with one of the players. We also take photos of each other during halftime. He digs on that stuff.

Before going home we can be found in the soccer building drinking beer or radler. I love soccer here.

We miss everybody back in the States! Thanks again for all the emails. Keep'm coming!

Spital Am Pyhrn

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment