The goal is to live in a small Austrian village with my Austrian wife and our 4 yr old while learning everything about this beautiful corner of the world. We will live on the second floor of my in-law's house in a two bedroom apartment while skipping around in flowery fields like the one on "The Sound of Music". Well, maybe not the skipping part:)



The village is called Windischgarsten. Located in the lower half of Upper Austria, it is an amazingly beautiful area of the Alps known for skiing, hiking and biking. I don't have any local friends, I haven't learned the language, and I have no idea where I'll work. This could get really interesting. No problem right?







Thursday, July 22, 2010

Humid Weather Hits the Alps




As most of us know on this side of the pond, we're in a heat wave. It's the nasty humid kind which makes you sit at your computer in your underwear. Don't worry, I wear boxers! No air conditioning either. Nope. None. Apparently it doesn't get hot here that often so the locals don't bother with it. That doesn't mean today sucked. I had a great time. I did some cycling up to Pyhrnpass this morning and loved it. I loved it because it made my belly just a little bit smaller. I didn't realize how "big boned" I was until I came here. These people are skinny! Later on I took Noah up to a lookout tower over Windischgarsten, then got a haircut! I don't see how they can cut hair in this muggy weather. To compliment the wet air, the hot latte I was suckling made sweat poor down my hair. Blah blah blah, I know I complain too much. Just buy an A/C unit people!

No comments:

Post a Comment