The goal is to live in a small Austrian village with my Austrian wife and our 4 yr old while learning everything about this beautiful corner of the world. We will live on the second floor of my in-law's house in a two bedroom apartment while skipping around in flowery fields like the one on "The Sound of Music". Well, maybe not the skipping part:)



The village is called Windischgarsten. Located in the lower half of Upper Austria, it is an amazingly beautiful area of the Alps known for skiing, hiking and biking. I don't have any local friends, I haven't learned the language, and I have no idea where I'll work. This could get really interesting. No problem right?







Friday, July 16, 2010

Preschool, parks and a kitchen!

Pictures of Noah are limitless! Here's Noah hamming it up at his favorite playground. You won't find warning signs or rubber under the equipment here. You play, you get hurt, your fault. Imagine that!
Photobucket

Yvonne organizing our new kitchen.
Photobucket

Noah's new preschool. He officially starts in Sept, but he went for a 1/2 day yesterday. They love him there. It's a catholic school and funded by the federal government. No church & state separation here.
Photobucket

Inside the preschool. I was amazed at how well behaved all the kids were. The teachers can get the job done here without parental and red tape interference.
Photobucket

Our very own garage! Half of the garage isn't shown because this silly blog site rudely crops my photos. Grrr. The garages are pretty close to the roads. The snow gets fairly knarly in the winter. You don't have to shovel driveway snow if you don't have a driveway right?
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Gabe! Yvonne is as beautiful as ever! Please send along a hello from me! Noah is such a handsome little boy!! Glad you seem to be enjoying it! Change is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christie. I'll tell her and Noah you said hi. How are you enjoying your change to the east?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot complain on my end here...well, no more so than you about the humid weather, but it is just a season and will be over soon :-)

    Will be moving into my own place in about a month and I am way stoked! I have to get out and start sightseeing around here.

    I continue to enjoy your blog! Take care and much love :-)

    ReplyDelete